Wednesday 10 April 2013

Catching Up!

Dear Readers,

I have so many things to update. Brace yourself with the long post (I hope not)!


9 April 2013

Yesterday was such a great day with the girls. After a few years, I realized that yesterday was my first ever proper outing with them. For the past many outings, I didn't tag along because I always had other plans that clashed with theirs. However, I feel blessed. Actually, our only plan for the outing was to attend the Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day at Singapore Zoo. But since Sha had a couple of Hajjah Maimunah's vouchers, we decided to have breakfast/lunch/brunch at the Arab Street's outlet. So we met at Bugis & Sha drove us to the location.

And here's the heavenly, tasty meal:

Plain rice, beef rendang, kangkong, sambal tumis telur & kuah lemak chilli padi

Like they said, when one gives you a treat, the food tastes good :) After brunch, we decided to head to Singapore Zoo, but due to traffic conjunction, we dropped by at Dempsey's Ben & Jerry's. Quite a lot of secondary school students traveled their way there. After ten minutes of waiting, we got our free ice-cream!

What most girls will do while waiting; camwhore

Almost there..

And they went hyper after getting it for free!

So we chilled for a while in the shop before heading for a short trip to Botanical Gardens. Didn't get to explore further as Mira had to go off my 6pm to celebrate her dad's birthday.

So here are some few shots I've taken:

That lady/gentlemen must be enjoying his evening walk


A cute tortoise trying to climb up to the ground

I love this picture the most!

Most of the pictures are in Sha's digital camera, so I can't post it here as she's yet to upload it. And not to forget, I gave Sit & Mira an advance birthdays gifts since their birthdays are on 17th April & 26th April respectively. Presented both with pairs of earrings. Hope they like it :)

All in all, yesterday's trip was splendid. Whenever I'm with the girls, it reminds me of the good old times in ITE. Things happened and we grew closer like how we are now. I'm really thankful to have them as my friends. They've been very supportive & couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much, girls.


6 April 2013

Kakak turned 27 days ago, so we had a mini celebration. Hmm.. After so many years, the celebration went on without mom's cooking. And without my older brother (since he's married). It feels weird, though. However, Syafiq came by to cook dinner with Kakak. Faris cooked macaroni goreng in the morning. And me? I just cleaned the house.

We went Western for that day:

Beef steak, potato wedges & mushrooms (I didn't snap the gravy!)

And here's what Faris & I bought for Kakak

Birthdays are nothing without birthday cakes, right?

We ordered mango cake from Aida's mom. As usual, it tasted good :D If you ever want to try and order it from my friend's mom, you're welcome to contact me first, okay? Don't worry, I don't bite (Even though I sound harsh in some of my entries).

Didn't snap a family photo but, oh well, next time then :)

Anyways, happy birthday to Kakak once again. May Allah shower you with great things in life. Insya'allah, amin.


5 April 2013

Kakak & I accompanied mom to Tan Tock Seng for her CT Scanning appointment. Apparently, we waited for at least two hours just for a 15-minute scanning. Well, my mom's appointment was supposed to be at 12+ pm. We generously came earlier than expected. And we had to wait for that long because the person-in-charged went for lunch. Ironic, wasn't it? They had my mom to come at that timing, yet they went for lunch at that timing.

Anyways, despite all that, I finally got to eat Kopitiam's chicken porridge!

The lady who served me was so generous:

The amount of chicken she put

It's the best chicken porridge ever. Thereafter, we went over to Aida's to collect Kakak's birthday cake :)


2 April 2013

I went to National Museum Of Singapore with Aida. The entries to several galleries were free since we're students. So if you're a student, be sure to bring your student ID, seek the customer service for more inquiries.

We went to three galleries for free:

Here's the proof. HAHAHA.

Again, we camwhored while resting

The third gallery trip; Singapore History

Our National anthem, "Majulah Singapura"

National Museum Of Singapore

After our visit to the museum, I badly needed to buy a pair of pump shoes because I wore wedges. Well, I need a new pair anyway, for school, so why not? We headed to Plaza Singapura & had our late lunch/early dinner at Pizza Hut.

Our usual order:

Garlic bread

Pasta Bolognese

Hawaiian pizza

After making rounds just to find a pair of pump shoes, finally I found DMK's, an offer of SGD$19.90. The design is not bad at all, so what else? I grabbed it, of course! That moment when I took off the wedges & put on those pumps.. Oh god.. That incredible feeling. By the way, whenever I meet up with Aida, we have this practice of hanging out at either Starbucks or Coffee Bean to just chill & relax.

There you have it, Somerset's Coffee Bean, sipping away our favourite drinks!

Original mocha (I think) & pure vanilla ice blended

Basically, it's just a time for us to have small talks & more rape-our-phones session. It's kind of a way to give ourselves some privacy for a little while before we headed home.


That's it!

So, in the end, it's still a long post. But these are memories that I wouldn't want to forget, thus, updating it all is worth my time. HAHA!

Since I'm done, let's call it a day. Good night, readers!


Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: