Thursday 23 May 2013

Life, As Usual

Dear Readers,

On Tuesday, I went out with Bestie after school. After more than a month of not hanging out with each other, I kind of missed her. She has been busy with her FYP since she's in third year already. Really envy Bestie since she's left with approximately 23 months before graduating from Republic Poly. And here I am, still stuck in Year 2. Wait, it makes me sound like I'm a repeat student. I'll rephrase it, alright. Here I am, only in Year 2! Haha!

Side track: Congratulations to those who had just graduated from Poly & ITE! Hopefully great things await for you in time to come :)

Back to the story, so Bestie was craving for J.CO Donuts but unfortunately, the outlets are only located in Bugis and Tampines. So, for us to travel all the way from Woodlands to either Bugis or Tampines, I'm just too lazy for that. Furthermore, I avoid coming home late and rushing on my RJ. Instead, I suggested that we go for Chewy Junior since two to three outlets are located in North. Why not, right?

In the end, we went to Junction 8 and had Long John Silver for early dinner. I tried their new chicken crumbler and I have to admit, it was good. After that, we did a mini shopping & I bought a small bag for my laptop charger & 2 sets of makeup powder. Surprisingly, this makeup powder is sold at SGD$1.90 (usual price: SGD$4.90, available at BHG). Well, honestly, this is my first time buying the cheapest makeup powder my whole life. Usually, I buy either Maybelline or Revlon, but I just feel like trying it, so I bought two (just in case!).

Here it is:


Of course I was scared to try it, but yesterday, I decided to apply it before going to school (thank God it's suitable for my skin!). Let me apply what I've learnt in school. Maybelline and Revlon are considered branded brands & that's the reason why people think it's safer to buy it rather than cheap ones. This SHEENe is considered a generic brand because it is not widely known even though it may be as good (or better than!) as the branded ones. (Proud of myself for a second). And so, this product is made in Thailand and is "formulated with Japanese technology for Asian skin". I have to say, this is a good product. It lasted from 7.30am till I washed my face at 11.30pm. However, I'm not sure if it's suitable for all skin types. But if you've decided to try it & it's not suitable for you, better stop applying it immediately, yeah?

After our mini shopping, we headed to Chewy Junior. And I feel grateful towards Allah because He blessed us with an hour offer from the outlet itself. We came just in time when they had a one-hour promotion of buy four, get 2 free. Even though there weren't any much choices left, I still feel happy because I got to buy a box of six for my family. Here was what I bought:

Appetizing, isn't it?

Bestie too, bought a box of six for her family. And she was fast to post it & tagged me on Instagram! HAHA! Oh, and I've no idea how on earth the both of us forgotten to snap a picture together! We've been camwhoring each time we had a date. I guess we were too tired. But it's okay. We got to spend our time together & I'm thankful for that :)

I came across a bunch of story books that Popular is selling & thankfully, Bestie told me that she has a full set of it! Now, that is another thing that I'm thankful for! So, I asked Bestie if I could borrow the books (one at a time), and yesterday, she passed me this :)


Sypnosis: A twenty-seven lady is being visited by her 105-year-old great-aunt & she needs to help her great-aunt to find a missing necklace.

Sounds interesting? I'm yet to read it! Haha! I hope I have the time to read it over the holidays... And not to forget, revising for UT 1 as well. Hmm... Hope I'm not too lazy to hit the notes.

Alright, that's it for now, I guess?

And happy advanced Vesak Day to my friends who are celebrating it :) Good night!


Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: