Sunday 26 January 2014

Sick

Dear Readers,


I've not been feeling well since Monday, and "officially" fell sick on Wednesday onwards. Had quite a hard time concentrating in class, but because my team members are just an awesome bunch, they made me feel like I wasn't sick at all. Haha! I'm just not the type who takes MC each time I fall sick, so I just went to school, attend classes as well as UTs. Honestly, I think I flunk at least 2 UTs this time for UT 2. But neh, no point whining what past, right? Hahaha.

And so, yesterday, family went for BBQ-ing with the soon-to-be in-laws & I was left home alone because I was totally sick. Can't stop coughing till today. I feel like taking a big brush & brush the phlegm off my throat because it's just plain annoying. So while they were away, I tried watching Free Birds, but.. I don't know. It doesn't interest me. So, it stroked me to Google upon an uncoloured picture to fill my time to colour it. And so, I did.

Super Girl

It's been years since I've last touched those 6-year-old Faber Castell's colour pencils. The last I used was in 2007, when I was busy with my art portfolio for O Levels. Since then, I cast it aside till yesterday. Anyways, the reason I did this is because I want to brush up my colouring skills & also to fill in my past time (in other words, taking a break from studying!) Honestly, I hate the part where I have to colour the skin. I'm suck at that. It looks so amateur-ish, though. HAHA! But it's okay, I will try to improvise my skills. I managed to complete it within.. Three hours, at least? So while I was working on it, I watched Addams Family Values, what else?

And today, just another day which I'm unable to activate myself with the house chores. I feel bad, so hopefully I can recover as soon as possible. To make myself "productive", I Google-d for another superhero, and I stumbled upon a Filipino superhero by the name of Darna. I've never heard of it before until I learnt about it on the blog of a talented Filipino illustrator/cartoonist, Gerard De La Costa. Darna reminds me of Wonder Woman because of her super powers & costume.

Alter Ego: Darna

However, I tried not to follow the colour theme of red & gold. So, I had her in green & gold, instead.

Darna in green & gold

Again, don't mind the colouring of the skin tone. Haha! While I was colouring the bra (yes, the BRA), somehow, I thought of.. Green Lantern? Hahaha! Now I'm wondering of which superhero I should colour next. Hmmm.

Till then, good night!



Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim


No comments: