Friday 31 January 2014

Fruitful Friday ❤

Dear Readers,


Today was definitely a fruitful day for me. Since today is a public holiday, I invited my best friend over to my crib. No special occasion though, just that I wanted to spend some quality time with dearest friend of 12 years since we hadn't had a proper outing for quite a few months already. Almost all the shops in Singapore are closed, so mom just cooked whatever was available in the fridge. But, alhamdulillah, the food she cooked was more than enough for 7 people. Oh, grandma is here as well to stay with us till Sunday since aunt & family are spending their holidays with the in-laws.

And so, mom cooked these..

Lemak dhal with potatoes & eggs

Spicy grilled chicken

Drink of the day: Home-made ice lemon tea (by Kakak)

Yes, yes. I ate at least 6 pieces of those grilled chicken. It was so damn nice. And spicy. Yum, yum! While Aida was here, we watched a couple of movies; Thor: The Dark World, Back To The Future & The A-Team. At the same time, we were planning of which Hei Sushi outlet we should dine at on the 14th. All is well, so I'm just waiting for it :) Ah~ We also planned of the possible activities that we should do during our next outing. You know, when we were teenagers, all we did was watching a movie & having dinner (or shopping). But I guess we should do more than just a movie. So we're considering to either ride a cable car, visit S.E.A Aquarium, River Safari or Singapore Zoo. Well, we shall discuss it again soon.

Anyways, each time when we meet, Aida never fail to bring something for me. Today, she brought quite a lot of things - popcorn, pineapple tarts (made by her mom), Mandarin oranges & she even bought me a gift!

Tote bag shipped directly from Korea

Moisturiser for fair skin

 Hair bands & a cute vitamin ball pen

Honestly, I didn't expect to receive all these. Aida sure knows how to surprise me. A great friend, she is! She was here till around 8pm & before she went home, mom packed for her the remaining of grilled chicken. And I gave her 2 lip balms. HEHE. Aida will be coming over next Friday to scan her report, if I'm not mistaken. So, I told her have dinner as well since she'll be heading over straight from her workplace. Gosh, I MISS MY BEST FRIEND SO MUCH ever since she started her internship! Can't believe she'll be done with RP in few weeks' time. So sad!

Haha! Oh, and not to forget, I would like to wish all of my Chinese friends a prosperous Lunar new year! HUAT, HUAT, HUAT! May you all have a great time with your family & relatives.. And I'm pretty sure many are happy to receive their ang pao(s), no doubt! Tsk.

This is it, then.

GONG XI FA CAI!




Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim


No comments: