Sunday 16 February 2014

Road To Recovery

Dear Readers,



So I've been away from school for three days this week. It's a win! Definitely my first time ever attending only two days of school. Okay, actually, I skipped school on Tuesday because we accompanied Umi for her X-Ray appointment. Tuesday, was quite a bad day. We went out at 9.45 a.m. in hope to get a cab as soon as possible. But, no. We flagged for cabs, but to no avail. We attempted to make phone calls for bookings, but to no avail, however. All this, took us almost an hour. 

PS: I'm so sorry for not having a driving license, and we always have to depend on cabs whenever Kakak isn't around.

So after we've reached TTSH, blah, blah, blah.. Hey, guess what? We had to wait for almost another 2 hours for Umi's turn. During that waiting period, I began not to feel well. I was drowsy, my whole body started aching.. We had our brunch right after Umi was done & cabbed our way home. In the cab itself, I really had no energy to even look up to anyone. Felt like I was starting to be sick anytime soon. Reached home, I took some medicine & head to bed. Was contemplating if I should come to school the next day, so the next morning, I woke up at 6.10 a.m., as usual & that's when I decided not to as I was feeling weak. And yes, I missed Friday's final lesson because of the same cause.

I've no idea what's wrong with my body, because this is like the first time I've not fully recovered for three weeks already. And I've consumed just one meal a day for nearly a week. I don't know when I'm going to get well, I don't know when I can get my appetite back & I only know that I hate being sick. Because of this, I had to postpone my Sushi date with best friend, which we were supposed to be enjoying Hei Sushi on Friday.

I want to get well so bad so that I can at least satisfy my cravings for desserts. It's been on my mind for…. Gosh, I want to cry so, so, so badly.

I'm not sure of my current condition for today. Feels a little better with me coughing lesser (and it's super less annoying). I want to go to school tomorrow. There's a field trip to Changi & I definitely not want to miss that. So hopefully, I can get well in 180 degrees flip (doesn't make sense, but it does to me).


And so, people, people, people. Please take care of your health, wherever you are. The weather has been a little different from the past few months. So, just make sure you have plain water with you wherever you go. To those who are sick, get well soon!



"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein




Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: