Saturday 10 August 2013

عيد مبارك

Dear Readers,

Eid Mubarak to all! And not to forget, happy 48th birthday, Singapore! Woohoohoo! Double the joy, yeah?

Hope you guys (be it those who are celebrating Eid or not) are enjoying those long holiday. It's quite rare for us to have four days off, so we have to enjoy it while it lasts. HAHAHA! The night before yesterday, I helped my family to iron their clothes for yesterday. I really had a hard time ironing my dad's and brothers outfits because it's 100% satin. So, each time I wanted to iron every section, the pants kept slipping off the ironing board. It was tiring, really. But, oh well, I managed to get it over & done with, anyways :D

Yesterday's first day of Syawal was a little different. My elder brother and sister-in-law visited us after the Aidilfitri prayers. Honestly, I didn't know the prayers was even over because I woke up a tad later (I was too tired, really). When I woke up, I heard my brother's voice in the living room, so yeah, you'll get the picture alright. They stayed over for a while - watching the programs shown on Suria, Abang ate some of Wak Long's dishes, Kak Rida chatted with Umi & Ayah.. It was different but somehow, I kind of like it. Seriously.

Anyways, every Syawal (or not) is like a routine for me. I'll be the first to start dolling myself up, well, in other words, I need an hour just to fix my hair. Girls, I KNOW RIGHT. My hair is short, yet thick. So, I'd no choice but to ensure that I've straightened every strand of hair. On a side note, thumbs up for the Vidal Sassoon's straightener. The straightness stays for almost 24 hours!



So we took a few family portraits before we make an apology to one another. You know, I'm such a cry baby. I shed tears when I apologized to my parents, as well as Abang. I know I've not been a good daughter & sister towards my siblings, so of course, the guilt was there, within me. Crying with my make up on was such a bad idea. I had to tilt my head high up just to avoid those tears from rolling down my cheeks. Girls, I KNOW RIGHT. Hahaha!

Off we headed to paternal's side at Sembawang. Some of my relatives were already there, all ready to go off. I can't seem to stop thinking of Granny's mee soto that I had when I was there. It was so nice. Should have eaten more of it D: Greedy lady. While me & baby brotha were slacking, Hafiz joined in & the three of us started to talk about Poly. He's an RP graduate, so he knows such stuff & it was good that we were able to talk about general things (which I can't with some other cousins from paternal side) and had a great laugh.

Late afternoon & we had to rush off to maternal's side since dad had to report to work today for NDP. As we reached Woodlands, Wana & siblings were about to go off to another place while Mak & family were still at home, wanting to take family portraits before they go off. Half an hour after our arrival, Umi's siblings & their families started to come. By the time I was there, I wasn't able to touch any dishes. Ironically, I was full with what I'd eaten at paternal's BUT there was room for kuih(s). Wow. I couldn't stop eating love letters, kuih dahlia, kuih semperit & many more. Those that my cousin ordered from her friend was too tasty, so I'd a hard time stopping myself from munching it. Gosh. HAHAHAHA!

As for today, we stayed home all day since Ayah worked. Only Cik Mail was here to visit us. There'll be more of them to come over tomorrow. It's going to be a long day for us... Which reminds me that I have to end this post fast so that I won't be zombified for tomorrow. But what's with the post without pictures, right?

Camwhored after dolling up

Moi with parents (don't mind my hair!)

Moi with Baby brotha, a rather mischievous moment, wearing his songkok

Moi with older sister (we don't look alike, I gotta agree with you!)

Finally, moi with mio's Wonder Woman!

The cousins (yes, I'm older than all of them)

As charming as Princess Tiara

We came across this while on our way home

And Guten  Morgen!



Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim


No comments: