Friday 7 March 2014

Hello Final Year!

Dear Readers,


Boy, I'm so happy. Like, finally UTs are over on Monday & holidays are here for me to enjoy! I'm so happy! So happy to say, GOODBYE YEAR 2, HELLO TO FINAL YEAR! Haha! Oh my god. A year more to graduation. I need a break from this 20-21 years of education (yes, 20 YEARS, for my case!). By the way, it's kind of sad that I wasn't able to meet Zimah & Denise before the holidays.

On Tuesday, I attended the IIP "training". Actually, I thought this workshop was like literally a training whereby we had to really pick up those skills.. You know? But no, all the facilitators did is talk, talk, talk. 9am to 3.30pm, yeaaaaaaaaah. Hahaha! Throughout the workshop, I kept talking to Mediani & Brandon. And as usual, this Brandon never stop disturbing me. Same old "Brenda" for the past two years, hehehe. End of the day, I had fun with them! By the way, it's kind of sad that I wasn't able to meet Zimah & Denise before the holidays. They had their last UT last Friday at 4.30pm while my UT for that day was 8.30am. And then on Tuesday, I thought that maybe I could meet Denise if she had an FYP meeting. But unfortunately, her meeting was being postponed, so..........

It's kind of devastating when I know that I won't have the chance to meet my DIOM friends since next semester onwards. I'll be having my internship while they are still studying in RP & the following semester, when I'm back to school for FYP, they'll be having internship by then. I wonder why RP let us bond soooooo well, and in the end.. Decided to separate DIOM & DSCM  just like that. Why.. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... But whatever it is, I wish Denise & Zimah the best of luck for their FYP. Even if we're unable to meet one another, we can still keep in touch through Whatsapp & Twitter..

I love you, girls!

After the workshop, Mediani, Jiaxi & I headed to Marina Square. Our journey to Marina Square was a little unpleasant, though. We thought of taking bus there, whereby we had to take bus 901 from Woodlands Interchange, and four stops after, we have to take bus 951E. And so we did. We waited for bus 951E at the bus stand & the weather was really... "Last warning" kind. We waited & waited and after 20 minutes, only did we find out that bus 951E was available after 6pm. We had no choice but to loop back to Woodlands Interchange & took the train instead. You know, one of the good things about having foreign friends is that you can actually learn more about their cultural differences, as well as sharing our childhood memories. Also.. Jiaxi's from China & Mediani's from Indonesia. So when I look at them, I see me. Well, one of the reasons is that my ancestors from paternal side derived from Guangdong, China & Indonesia. Somehow, I feel connected with these two. So, during the 30-40 minutes train ride, we talked about Disney movies, how strict our parents still are, what we were punished for when we were young.. All those stuffs, and oh boy. We shared a lot of things in common. No doubt about that.

I was so hungry that we went to search for BBQ Delights Indonesia in Marina Square. Marina Square is like a maze, so yes, we wasted about 15 minutes searching for the food court. So much changes within the building, I could barely remember where certain stores are located at.. Or maybe I'm just bad with directions. Within the food court, only BBQ Delights (as stated at the stall) is halal. The three of us bought our meals there & their ayam penyet was so nice... Or maybe I was really hungry, that's why it tasted so damn good.

Ayam penyet

Grilled chicken meal set (I don't really know the name of it)

The food court had a real great view. City of lights. Wished we could stay longer after our meal but time checked: 7.30pm, and we had some bowling session to attend to. Wow. Just how long have I not played bowling? My bowling skills were rusty & I had the bowling ball dropped backwards instead of front TWICE. Paiseh uhhhhhhhhh. And of course, we had selfies too!

Zam, zam, alakazaaaaaaam!

Jiaxi looks like one guitarist while Medi goes, "Aye, aye, Captain!"

Okay, now here are our proper shots.





All in all, my Tuesday was splendid. Thanks to my friends in school, as well as Medi & Jiaxi. We had lots of fun, and I was able to be myself whenever I have beloved people around me. So gonna miss you girls when internship starts next month. Shall wait for our next outing!

And speaking of outing, I'm booked for certain days between the next two weeks:

13th - Sushi date with best friend
14th - Accompany Umi for her hospital appointment
21st - Shabu-shabu date with ITE girls

Now I'm still finding a date for an outing with my Y1S1 friends.. If not, they might say that I'm not keeping my promise. Hahahaha! Hope that all plans to be smooth sailing. Yep.

Imma hit the bed now, so good night, alligators!



Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim


No comments: