Saturday 31 May 2014

Come What (end of) May..

Dear Readers,


Happy weekend to yáll! It's Saturday today, and I'm spending almost all day at home. Supposedly to attend my cousin's wedding at Sembawang today, but I've to give it a miss, unfortunately. This week has been such a sad week for my family because my uncle (dad's brother-in-law) passed away all of the sudden on Thursday. I heard he collapsed while getting ready to go to work. He had chest pain & I guess he passed away after collapsing. I've no idea how my aunt is coping right now because just two weeks ago, their daughter had a major bike accident. So I hope my aunt & family are alright.

I feel bad because I've no time to visit them at all. Even if I did, I can't because I have to accompany Umi at home. So, hopefully I can visit them, if time permitted me to do so. Nevertheless, it saddens me that one of our relatives is gone. Mudah-mudahan, rohnye dicucuri rahmat. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiún. Al-fateha.

Anyways, another unfortunate news is that my team didn't make it to the next round of the Supply Chain Challenge 2014. Yes, we took part in it. But honestly, I didn't have the intention to go through the next round because if we did, we would have to extend our internship to 17 weeks instead of 16. However, my team did our best, and we definitely have no regrets. Great experience, indeed.

Okay, just days ago, my attachment company organised an event. Some things weren't up to our expectations, but like what I love to say, we did everything we could. It's pretty normal for interns, or even new employees to make mistakes, but beyond those carelessness, we learn something valuable from it. I hope we could do better for the upcoming event.

Oh, so within five weeks of internship, I was tasked to design email newsletters, confirmation letters, agenda, front pages of Powerpoint slides.. And the moment I saw my work being pasted on the door of the seminar room, I felt proud. I mean, people actually stopped by to look at it. It's nothing big, really, but it makes me feel happy.






Since the event took place at Farrer Park, I decided to meet Jaz. She had her exam before meeting me, and was a little down as she failed her exam. But I'm glad that she was able to smile despite failing her exam that she has been working hard for. And yeah, she bullied me, I gave her a chance to. Haha! We had dinner at Sakunthala's (it was my first) & since I wasn't that hungry, I ordered a set of prata. The lime juice tasted heavenly...




By the way, I've to clarify the fact that Excel & I can never have a smooth relationship. I really despise Excel because it can be annoying at times (even though it's very, very useful). I'm sorry. I've never liked it since 2009.

I think I'm an avid online shopper. I actually ordered two beanies, one from Korean & another from Singapore. I've received the one from Korea. Am very satisfied with the service. The very first item I own is made in Korea! Haha! The quality is damn good, so I can't wait to wear it. I'm yet to receive the second beanie. Guess I'm just into beanies. Shall wear it often so I don't need to think of any hairstyles when I go out. HAHAHAHA!!

I hardly order accessories through online. But while I was browsing through Qoo10, I stumbled upon an offer of murano glass beads bracelets. The bracelets advertised are all so pretty. But of course, before purchasing it, I read the reviews from customers. Those reviews seemed promising, so I decided to give it a try. Received it today & glad that the quality of the bracelets are as promised. I even received the free gifts! Here are the bracelets I ordered..


At first look, the bracelets do look like Pandora's right? Yep, I'm not a fan of Pandora as I find it a tad expensive. So, since I found something that offers a quality as good as Pandora, why not? Okay mine is on the left because I like the fact that it is made up of different colour beads & charms. On the right is for best friend. I ordered blue for her because it suits her well, and that she always wear clothes that are of the same colour, from top to bottom. I'm the type who can't keep the presents away from people until we meet, so I actually Whatsapp-ed her the picture of it! Haha! Hope she likes it :)

So, I'll see you in my next post, insyaállah.

Good night!




Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: