Thursday 25 September 2014

Hook Or Crook?

Holla!


Just my quick thoughts before I continue watching Melissa & Joey (that comedy series is hella addictive.. and funny!).

Okay, so apparently, I do realise that more & more of my friends are trying to hook me up with their single guy friends. Like, a month ago, Friend A spammed me with lots (and lots) of pictures of guys in uniforms (on her brother's first day of NS) & asked me to choose one of them. So, ummm.. She was like.. "If you're interested, I'll ask him for his number". Okaaaaay.

And then few months.. Or a year ago, Friend B told me to join an online dating site, like.. Wait, I forget the website name, but most Malay couples get to know their partners through there. She said, "Hey, it's not bad. I got to know my boyfriends of two years from there, and things are going all smooth for the two of us". What can I say? Congratulations. Your luck is just there. You're lucky.

Yesterday, my friends & I visited our former ITE teacher, so of course she asked if we're attached or not. And she asked why I don't have one... But yeah, what can I say? I just smiled. And she was like, "Hey, I can introduce to you to my cousin (while showing the guy in the kitchen). He's single too. You want?" In my mind, I was like, OH SHIT, NOOO.. And yeah, I just gave her that pathetic smile. TSK!

No, no.. I'm not here to rant. There's nothing to rant. Come to think of it, it's really sweet to have friends who are concern of you & I really enjoy entertaining them, noticing how hard they try to matchmake me with their friends, ya know. I guess, it's just natural when all of them are dating & I'm the single one left. So, they don't want me to be left out. I really appreciate their efforts. That's the most sweetest thing they've ever done for me. Awwwwwwwwww...

But then again, I have to politely turn down their offers, though. I'm just.. Not ready to meet someone new. Apparently, I'm tired of having the need to get to know new people. It's like, you spend this period of time getting to know him, and then months passed, POOF. Nothing. Referring to Friend A's suggestion, well, even if those guys became my eye candy & if she did got his number for me.. Do you even think I would make my first move to text him? No. That's so secondary school. Been there, done that.

I personally prefer to be with someone whom I've already known.. From being friends (without anybody introducing to anyone) to whatever you call it. But only God knows how & when I'll meet my Mr. Right.

Uhhh, how do I put this.. Hmm.. Things can happen exactly the opposite of how I want it to be. I may be saying "No, I don't prefer this way" right now, but maybe, I might say, "I'll give it a try, why not?" later. You know what I mean? Yeah.

So, yeah. Just my 2 cents thoughts. And.. Yep. That's it.

Good night.


Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: