Saturday 25 October 2014

6/09/2014

Holla!


I realised that I haven't blogged about the birthday gift best friend had gotten for me. I've already posted all about it on my Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.. But Imma give the full details of it here. So, here we go! She actually got me a black Instax Mini 8 Polaroid camera! I can still remember how speechless I was to receive it, okay.

Polaroid cover bag

Here it is. Aida actually bought the camera along with the bag. So, whenever I go, I can just sling it over my shoulder instead of keeping it inside my handbag/backpack, etc.


The top cover of the bag can be detached, so I don't need to take it out from it whenever I want to take pictures. And...


Adorable, isn't it? I really, really love it.. And I still can't believe I own one right now. Haha! Been wanting to buy it like forever, but I used to tell myself to get it next time. Tsk!

Instax Mini 8 comes with a 60mm lens, as well as the brightness adjustment dial, where it's able to detect whether we're in indoors or outdoors, or if the whether was too sunny or cloudy..

Brightness adjustment dial

Each time I switch on the camera, it'll take a few seconds to detect & the red light will suggest the suitable setting I should use, as shown in the above picture. All I have to do is to manually adjust the exposure according to the recommended setting. We had a few trials and errors when we first used it. We wasted a few films, but hey, if we didn't try, we wouldn't know.. Right?


It has a built-in flash that constantly flashes each time I take a picture. The viewfinder above the button is not aligned to the lens. That one time, I took a picture of my best friend. I wanted to have her in the middle of the picture. When I looked into the viewfinder, I thought I had it all perfect. However, when the picture was printed out, it turned out that Aida was somewhat a little to the left instead of middle. After watching the reviews on YouTube, I'd the idea of having to briefly estimate the alignment to avoid the picture being off-centered.


The button at the lower-right side of the lens allows to turn the power on. When pressed, the lens will automatically pop out.

Back of the camera

The back of the camera consist of the battery and film compartment. That circle thingy shows the number of films available.

Printing slot

What I like most about Polaroids is that I love to see the film being printed out from the printing slot. Not to mention the sound of it. I love this feature the most, honestly.

Good thing about Polaroid is that we're able to capture the authentic good moments without having to edit it to make it more beautiful. The pictures itself are already unique. Plus, it gives me this vintage feeling.. Like back to 20 years ago, when we hadn't had any digital cameras. We used to buy films.. Snapped good moments, sent it to the printing shop to have the films washed.

And what not, it's perfect to snap pictures with those who are dear to me.

I'm itching to take more pictures with it, Imma buy more films for it. I'm so excited!

Till then!




Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: