Saturday 24 January 2015

|06012015|

Dear all,


I'm very sad to belatedly announce to you that our dearest Umi has passed away (returned to rahmatullah) on Tuesday, 6th January 2015 at 12.20am.

Salbiah Bte Mohd Suleiman


"Dari Allah kita datang, kepada Allah kita kembali"


Though I have thanked everyone on my Twitter, Instagram & Facebook, I would like to thank you again. The prayers & support are more than enough to ease our sadness. It really mean a lot to me & family. Thank you.

At that point of time, we were full of mixed emotions. We were mentally prepared of what was coming ever since the internal bleeding incident. We are sad to witness arwah Umi giving out her last breath, but relieved as well to see her go peacefully because she no longer needed to suffer in that fragile state.

Alhamdulillah, all went well that day. Managed to mandikan mayat arwah, menunaikan solat jenazah & after solat maghrib, they did solat hadiah, tengok mayatnye dikebumikan.. Alhamdulillah. Beautiful things happened despite the sad event, once of which we managed to catch a glimpse of rainbow opposite our block. It was so beautiful.

Rainbow after a heavy rain
- 06012015 - 6.49pm

Our mother was such a strong & loving lady. She never fail to cook us delicious food, make great desserts. Forever feeling worried if we weren't home yet by 12am.. And she used to send us those "have a safe journey to your destination" messages whenever we went to school/work or were on our way home.



Of course, there were days when our relationship weren't that good. And we would bicker (i think it's a usual mother-daughter thingy) when we disagree with each other's opinions.. She wanted me to understand her & I wanted her to understand me.. But arwah was always there to be our listening ear.. Good or bad, she was always ready. Honestly, most of the time, before I make decisions, I always think of her because I tried my best not to disappoint her.

And what actually made her such a loving mother was that, day & night, she never stopped praying for our safety, for us to be good, for us to have a blissful life.. Everything!

Here comes the saddest part which I failed to control my tears each time I think about it.

It's a sad thing our mother won't be there for Kakak's wedding, though both of them had been talking about it as long as I can remember. Umi has been looking forward to it, already planning to stitch up some swanny hankies for the dulangs, etc.. 

And she won't be able to witnessed me & Faris completing our diplomas & graduate... Or see us three getting married.. And when I have a boyfriend one day, I can't even share the great news with her.. And during Ramadhan? Which we would usually came home to a nice smell of food ready to dine it on the table...

There are so many things I'm starting to miss.. Especially her food. And when any of falls sick, she still cooked us nice food - porridge & soup.

My friends asked me if I was okay & I said yes. I don't know why I like to tell them that I was okay when I'm actually not. I really miss Umi so much. I really do. Some nights, I cried myself to sleep.

But I can assure you that we can all pull it through together one day. Time is all we need to mend this broken heart, insya'allah. The upcoming wedding, hopefully, with her all her dua, everything will go well as planned, insya'allah. For our diplomas, we'll continue doing our best to make her (and ayah) proud, insya'allah. For all the future events, insya'allah we can cope it well in time to come.

With all our dua (for arwah Umi), mudah-mudahan rohnye akan ditempatkan di golongan orang yang beriman & semoga rohnye dicucuri rahmat. Insya'allah, ameen ameen ameen.

Umi, for all these 33 years of your marriage, thank you for showering us family with love & sincerity ❤️ Love you with all our heart.

Till we meet in Jannah, insya'allah.





Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: