Sunday 10 May 2015

What You've Missed

Hey y'all!


What's up? Hope you guys are doing fine, because I am. Gotcha! I know I last updated this blog on 26 January 2015, so yeah, was really busy. But since I've nothing to do at this moment, I'm taking a chance to update what you've missed (I'll highlight different events in different colours for you to read it clearly).


27th February 2015, Friday
My last VERY last UT. I've gotta say that Y3S2 was the only semester I didn't put effort in. Due to Umi's admittance to ICU between November-December, with her passing in January and I had chicken pox two week after, I missed a hell lot of lessons. I downloaded 6Ps the day before UTs & yes, my answers solely depended on 6P. I new nothing. Nothing. I wasn't worried about the other four modules since my daily & UT grades were fair enough, but I was only worried for The Art Of Story module.

Not sure if I've mentioned before that the AOS is not an engineering module. I chose it as my free chosen module since I wanted lesser engineering-related module. So it falls under STA (School of the Technology for the Arts). It's a very interesting module which I enjoyed the most, and till this date, I don't even know the weightage between daily grades and UTs (I believe it's different from SEG's). With the above events mentioned, it just had to happen on Tuesdays. I could recall why I didn't turned up for it's five lessons:

1st: I was 30 minutes late, got a call from kakak that Umi needed to proceed with surgery to stop the internal bleeding. 5 minutes after I reached class, I rushed to TTSH upon hearing the news.
2nd: Umi was sent to the ward & I went to visit her after school on Monday. She was subconscious & wanted me to sleep over, how could I say no? So I thought it would be okay if I went to school straight from TTSH, but throughout that Tuesday morning, kakak & I had to stay awake since Umi couldn't sleep. And yeah, I decided to skip the lesson.
3rd: The day Umi passed away.
4th & 5th: I had chicken pox.

Not to mention, I flunked my UT1 & UT2 with an F & E respectively. The chances of me repeating this module was 50/50. I tried to study the story given diligently & alhamdulillah, I passed AOS with a D.


28th March 2015, Saturday
Alhamdulillah, kakak's wedding was a success. Thanks to our families & friends for their cooperation, the wedding went by smoothly. I'm happy that we gained a new family member & I hope with our family keep expanding, it would mean more joy and laughter, insyaállah. I wish my sister & brother-in-law to have a blissful marriage till jannah and always love each other wholeheartedly. Ameen.

New family portrait (don't mind my stomach, I'm getting wider each day)


29th March 2015, Sunday
Outdoor photoshoot with the newlyweds along with cousins from both sides. Supposedly, we planned to do it at Gardens By The Bay, but due to the passing of LKY (road closures), we changed to Punggol Waterway. Then again, it rained cats & dogs, so we settled it for Changi Airport.

Newlyweds with the cousins


26th April, 2015, Sunday
Went to visit Umi after more than a month. I really wish we could visit her as often as possible. Insyaállah, we'll do that. After our visit, we went for lunch at Aiman Cafe near Jurong East. We settled for plain rice & side dishes. The food was superb. Thumbs up for their spicy tom yum soup!



28th April 2015, Tuesday
Went to RP with Medi to collect our graduation robes, as well as the necessary items. I saw a lot of familiar faces, congratulating those whom I knew I won't be bumping into them on graduation day. We took the opportunity to take pictures of us in RP, where we did our OOTD shots and blah, blah. We even recalled our favourite spots, one of which was located outside Subway where we sat by the bench, snaking away & looking for potential people that suits our tastes.. Which we usually say, "Eh, my type.." or... "This one confirm your type". And if not, "Eh, your boyfriend." HAHAHAHA. Man, we had so much fun looking at people. Now I'm sad. Anyways, we headed to Dhoby Ghaut to dine at Eighteen Chefs & again, the food was too cheesy, I LOVED IT.

My cheekbones are on point

It didn't quite end there. We bought McDonald's before chilling outside MBS. Again, that explains my weight gain.


30th April 2015, Thursday
[Caption taken from my IG] To my one & only Super Woman, today, you would've turned 56. Usually, we would always rushed home from school/work to celebrate your birthday whenever it fell on weekdays. As we gave you kisses on your cheeks before going off, we would say, "Happy Birthday, Umi!" Like that wasn't enough, we posted our wishes on all social networks. But today seems different without you around. Without you for 115 days & counting, I'm missing you more and more. Can't deny the fact that I cried myself to sleep, still. Mudah-mudahan roh Umi dicucuri rahmat dan ditempatkan di golongan-golongan orang yang beriman. Ameen, ameen, ameen. Thank you for being the best mother in the world. I love you ❤️❤️❤️


1st May 2015, Saturday
Sleepover at nenek's with le cousins. Original plan was to go somewhere nice for a picnic, but since mak & abah were away till Sunday, we couldn't leave nenek alone at home, so it was an impromptu changed of plans with everyone agreeing to sleepover. We didn't do much, just watched ghost movies all the way & of course, potluck. We had fried macaroni, fried kway teow, pulut with beef rendang, Canadian Pizza, honey chicken wings & jelly fruit cocktail. That explains why I'm gaining weight. HAHAHA!



5th May 2015, Tuesday
My graduation day! YAYYYYY! Hahaha! Yes, yes. I passed my modules, hence the graduation! Hehe. So........... My dream to don the graduation robe came true, alhamdulillah. As I've mentioned a million of times, I came a long way, so this is quite an achievement for me, which I thought it was even impossible for me to be a diploma holder. All thanks to my family who keeps giving me their fullest support - though I know I've let my parents down most of the time, I hope I made them proud with this achievement. To my friends who were always ready to teach me, thank you. To top it all, Umi, this is for you!


Again, don't mind my puffy eyes. Planned to wake up at 5am (since I had to be there by 8.30am) but the night before, my eyes decided to go all watery. Well, I cried because I was so sad that Umi wasn't there to witness all this. My mind was disturbed & I only slept about 4am. But then again, I'm happy that ayah, kakak & Faris were there. Alhamdulillah.

The following afternoon, I went to meet my girls to celebrate my graduation. Met them at Somerset & they actually got me a graduation gift!


Yes, yes! Balloons with heartwarming messages on it! I'm touched by their warm messages. That day was the first time in my 25 years that I walked around Orchard with floating balloons till I went back home. Oh, we had lunch at Mondo Cafe & the ice-creams tasted good!


6th May 2015, Wednesday
My first visit to USS. Kakak bought two tickets for me & Faris as our graduation gift. Thanks to her, I finally got to visit USS & took almost all the rides (even though I'm scared of heights!). Definitely enjoyed myself very much. Wait, as I'm typing this, I'm starting to miss the rides all of a sudden. Ironic. But hopefully, we could go there as a family. Insyaállah, after I started working, I'll buy tickets for them so that we can enjoy our time together. Ah, out of all the rides, I like Transformers' the best! The 3D was so cool, we actually went for it twice! HAHAHA! Man, I wanna ride that again! Oh, oh! And Jurassic Park's too! The water splashed on us & man, it was damn shiok!

Yes, yes. Smiling under the hot sun


8th May 2015, Friday
Accompanied best friend with her shopping spree at Bugis since she accompanied for mine a day before my graduation. Haha! And of course I couldn't resist stuffs on sale! Bought myself a haversack since it looks nice. Tsk! We had porridge that kakak cooked for lunch. After that, we watched Helios (all because of dear Choi Siwon) and proceeded with the shopping. We went hungry & decided to dine at Manhattan Fish Market. Urgh, again with the weight gain!



And that's the end of the updates. Feels great to sum it all up in one post.

And.....

I'm off.


Regards,
Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: