Friday 18 December 2015

Off In Lieu

Assalamualaikum!


How are y'all lately? Hope you're doing good because I am, alhamdulillah. Wow. My last post was on the 29th of August. How long has it been? So I've left my blog unattended for almost four months! My bad. Haven't had the time to do anything since I started working.

Today's my off day as I had to clear my OILs & now I'm left with at least 2 hours of OIL after applying another 2 of 1/2 day leaves. Yep. So far, my work has been pretty good. I'm really comfortable working there despite the long journey to Jurong East. But all praises to Allah, I have such nice colleagues with comfortable job scope as well as the positive work environment. I have no complaints for it. Alhamdulillah.

So.. What have I been up to lately? Hmm.. Should I tell? Yeah I should, no point keeping secrets though. For almost three months, I tried joining this app called Skout. It's like a dating (?) app (honestly I don't know if it is but I'm well aware of it) which you make friends (mostly with locals, your choice) with those Skouters online. Pretty sure you know I'm not a fan of these kind of things but this dear friend of mine pestered me to give it a try because she's eager to see me being in a relationship (what?). I rejected her idea, to be frank. But days passed, I gave a thought. I was like, why not?

And yeah, I tried. Posted two of three of my recent pictures & yeah, actually I received a hell lot of positive responses like, "Wow, you're really pretty", "You have such a beautiful smile", things like that. Most of them were Singaporean Malays & Chinese. I wouldn't deny the fact that it actually felt good with all those praises, not having to say that I received more than 400 PMs from all guys. YA.

I did chat with less than 10 of them but the conversation didn't last long. It's either me or the person got bored with the conversation. I don't care much actually. And yeah, I did met one of them. Yes, he was the one who introduced me to Syamail class that I'm currently attending every Thursday. We've contacted each other no more, plus I don't think there is a need to, also. Yeah, we met once and he brought me to Syamail class on the day we met. And despite not being in contact anymore, I'm thankful towards Allah for crossing paths with him for I wouldn't be aware of this class if it wasn't for him.

Actually, I've been trying to find classes like this way before I met him, but I was totally clueless until he asked if I wanted to attend. Gave it a try & alhamdulillah, I've been attending the classes with Siti when time permits us to. Alhamdulillah. I'm glad to hold on to my principles of attending the class in order to be closer to Allah SWT & not because of a guy. So, alhamdulillah for that too.

Okay, back to that app. However, that likeable feeling of being praised just started to deteriorate & I told myself, "This isn't exactly what I want, what I'm looking for". And so, just 2 days ago, I decided to delete my account. Neh. It was quite an experience but overall, it's just not for me. Nope. And no point hiding, there were others that asked for such services. Yes. And I'm being me, an ass, would tell them off. Well, they messed with the wrong woman. Haha.

Neh, I'm still sticking to my principles. Why bother finding for Mr. Right? Just be patient & He will present me that Mr. Right when the time is right. Matters of the heart, no point rushing. It will only disappoint you.

Till then.

Salam.


Hazirah A. Rahim

No comments: